On Our Minds…
Innovation in the Field
Preparing Students for the “Real World”
Professor Rich Goldberg uses group projects, and even welcomes conflict, to give students a taste of professional life.Learn More »
- The Association of College and University Educators Effective Teaching Course has featured a number of UNC faculty.
- UNC’s Center for Faculty Excellence gives tips and advice in course development, technology use, and teaching skills.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education provides advice and perspectives about teaching practices and approaches.
- The Faculty Focus website publishes news on effective teaching strategies for the college classroom.
- The National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science can help bring interdisciplinary teaching into science classes.
- The The UNC-Chapel Hill Writing Center offers many resources and services to support student and faculty writing.
In Common Cause
Our office shares the goal of an improved student experience with a number of organizations here at UNC including:
Undergrad STEM Initiative Innovating teaching for large lecture courses
Thrive@Carolina A University-wide initiative to help students succeed at UNC and beyond
The Finish Line Project Dedicated to helping UNC’s first-generation college students thrive
UNC-Chapel Hill Quality Enhancement Plan, promoting a mindset focused on experiential learning